QNN for the District of Luditz (1/5)
Quellen- und Namennachweis
für die sudetendeutsche Familiengeschichtsforschung
Abschnitt II Kreis Luditz Folge 9
Web page 1 of 5 --- general topics, hints for the user
A Quellen- und Namennachweis is a list mainly of (family) names, which
indicates references to where those names occur.
The Quellen- und Namennachweis for the district of Luditz refers to
the Heimatbuch des Kreises Luditz.
The original version of the "Quellen- und Namennachweis" was edited by
the Vereinigung Sudetendeutscher Familienforscher
A few copies of the original version (paper copy) my be ordered for DM 15,--
from Frau Gertrud Träger.
My present version, compared with the original version, contains several
modifications and complements, for example:
Special thanks go to Frau Gertrud Träger,
for her kind and patient help.
- informations about the "Heimatbuch des Kreises Luditz",
- a more complete place name list of Kreis Luditz,
- a modern sort sequence,
- correction of obvious errors,
- less abbreviations,
- a syntactical form meeting requirements of computer processing,
- Web page format for simple Web browsers,
- in order not to have to send the complete QNN for Kreis Luditz,
through the Internet, each time, I broke it up in three (still rather
large) pieces (I know you won't be able to search completely comfortably,
but this was intended to be a compromise).
THESE THREE PIECES ARE NOT TRANSLATED TO ENGLISH, but you should be able
to use them, anyway.
(15.09.1998. - Ewald Keil, born in Schönau Nr. 35, Kreis Luditz)
I appreciate any criticism, hint, correction, and suggestion,
referring to my revised version of the "Quellen- und Namennachweis für
den Kreis Luditz".
You find my e-mail address on each page's lowest part.
Remarks about the "Heimatbuch des Kreises Luditz":
in December 1971, by the Arbeitsgemeinschaft Heimatbuch Kreis
in co-operation with the Heimatkreise as well as the
Ortsbetreuungen and the Kreisbetreuung
- compiled and organized by:
Vox: (+49) 89 76 91 244.
- printed by: Brönner & Daentler KG, Eichstätt.
- structure of the "Heimatbuch des Kreises Luditz":
(the complete table of contents, in German,
is on a separate page):
- general information
- description of the municipalities within the Judicial districts of
Buchau, Luditz, and the German regions of the Judicial district of Manetin
- the dead of World War II
- The "Heimatbuch des Kreises Luditz"
- is completely sold out, and a new edition is not possible
- does not have an ISBN number
- may be loaned (eventually by remote loan) at:
- Bibliothek im Sudetendeutschen Haus
Vox: (+49) 89 48 00 03 - 20.
Fax: (+49) 89 48 00 03 - 38.
- Bibliothek im Haus der Heimat
Vox: (+49) 711 6 69 51 - 30.
Fax: (+49) 711 6 69 51 - 49. (= general Fax of the house)
- A Personen- und Sachregister, mit Berichtigungen zum
Heimatbuch des Kreises Luditz (index of persons and subjects for the
Heimatbuch) was delivered in 1973 as a supplement of 48 pages, to the
- Index of persons (authors, artists and contributors)
(pages 3 through 9)
- General index of persons
(pages 9 through 18)
- Index of subjects
(pages 19 through 33)
(pages 34 through 48)
Notes for using this "Quellen- und Namennachweis"
- The data presentation was slightly modified for the sake of data
processing and telecommunications.
Please send informations about contents and (especially!)
language errors to me.
- the obsolete sorting sequence of the original (A ... S, SCH, T ... Z) was
replaced by the modern sorting sequence as used by the DUDEN, which is
A ... Sa, Sb, Sc ... Sch ... Sz, T ... Z
- German special characters are sorted in the following way:
'ä' like 'a', but 'Bande' before 'Bände'
'ö' like 'o', but 'fordern' before 'fördern'
'ü' like 'u', but 'gute' before 'Güte'
'ß' like 'ss', but 'Busse' before 'Buße'
- the obsolete type-writer FONT used in the original (often 'l' instead of
'1', 'o' instead of '0') was corrected in order to prevent major problems for
- the place names are less abbreviated
- the format was modified (better overview and readability, and better
possibility for computer processing)
- obvious printing and sorting errors have been corrected, but page
references (except in very few cases) have not been checked
- IMPORTANT for foreign genealogists:
the original spelling of names was not changed, including all special
- the "Quellen- und Namennachweis" is sorted by family names
- Sorting rules for family name complexes (e.g. with
the family name complex is sorted according to the
first family name of the name complex.
von Alberitz is sorted like Alberitz
Markgraf von Baden is sorted like Baden
Berka von Dauba is sorted like Berka
de Birssing is sorted like Birssing
- for each family name, you will find one or more place names
and/or page numbers
- the place name may be omitted or abbreviated (refer to
Ortsnamenverzeichnis (= list of place names))
- the page number may be complemented by one or more year
numbers (separated by comma), placed in parentheses. (For the years 1900
through 1946, no year number are indicated.)
- the denomination Be among the place and page references
(instead of a valid place name), refers to the Personen- und Sachregister
mit Berichtigungen (see above) edited in 1973. These indications have a form
as, for example, "Be 39/257".
There, 39 refers to the page of the "Personen- und Sachregister mit
where you will find a correction for page 257 in the "Heimatbuch des
Kreises Luditz", which refers to the family name in the QNN,
beside which you found the "Be 39/257".
The other 4 pages of the QNN for the District of Luditz
will only be available in German,
because they are mostly lists of place names and family names which do not need much
translation in order to be understood.
Would you like to access the
German QNN pages for the District of Luditz?